Back pain is a very common experience, but everyone experiences it differently. There are a wide variety of issues that can cause back pain, like osteoarthritis, ruptured discs, sciatica, muscle strains, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, injuries, and many more. To get an accurate diagnosis and proper treatment for your pain, you will need to see a doctor.
When to See a Doctor for Back Pain
Many times people experience episodes of back pain that only last a few days or weeks. However, if you are experiencing back pain for the first time, you should go to your doctor for an exam to make sure it is not serious. If you are experiencing the following symptoms, you should get your back checked by a doctor at our spine center in Jacksonville, FL, as soon as possible:
- Persistent back pain that lasts more than a few days
- The pain wakes you up at night
- You have incontinence issues (bladder or bowel control issues)
- You have signs of infection like fever, chills, and sweats
- Any unusual symptoms that accompany the pain
Back pain can be managed and even cured with a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. When you are experiencing back pain, contact Florida Coast Pain and Spine Center at 904-449-7246 or book your appointment with our experienced pain physicians online.